|Maryland's Lethality Assessment Program / 16 April 2013|
|Date: Tuesday, April 16, 2013|
Time: 2:00pm - 3:30pm Central Time
Location: Your Desk
Presenter: Dave Sargent, LAP Coordinator, MNADV
Content: The Lethality Assessment Program (LAP) Maryland Model is a two-pronged intervention process that features a research-based lethality screening tool and an accompanying protocol referral that provides direction for law enforcement, medical personnel, clergy, social workers and others to initiate appropriate action based on the results of the screening process. Join BWJP for a webinar presented by Dave Sargent, a 21 year veteran of the Metropolitan Police Department (Washington, DC) and a long-time law enforcement trainer, to hear about Maryland’s state-wide lethality assessment program.
The Lethality Assessment Program represents an opportunity born from three bodies of significant research by Dr. Jacquelyn Campbell, of The Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing, spanning 25 years which found that:
The goal of the LAP is to prevent domestic violence homicides, serious injury, and re-assault by encouraging more victims to utilize the support and shelter services of domestic violence programs.
- Only 4 percent of domestic violence murder victims nationwide had ever availed themselves of domestic violence program services;
- In 50% of domestic violence-related homicides, officers had previously responded to a call on the scene; and
- The re-assault of domestic violence victims in high danger was reduced by 60% if they went into shelter.
Registration Details: This webinar is open to OVW Grantees and the general public.
A webinar is an on-line seminar and requires access to the internet to connect.
- GTEAP (Arrest) GRANTEES: you are REQUIRED to enter your OVW-issued grant number when registering for this training.
Audio options are:
1) Teleconference (Your standard long distance charges will apply);
2) VoIP (free audio through the internet, speakers are required).
Do you require closed captioning? BWJP requires 5 business days notice. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Closed Captioning" in the subject line.
***You will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com immediately after registering. If you don’t see it in your inbox, please check your spam or junk mail. You will receive the invitation containing the webinar and audio information the day before the event. Please keep both emails***
Questions of a technical nature or regarding your grant or eligibility for the webinar should be forwarded to BWJP (firstname.lastname@example.org).
WE CANNOT ACCEPT REGISTRATIONS AFTER 4/15/2013
YOU WILL BE DIRECTED TO OUR WEBINAR PROVIDERS WEBSITE TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION