Date: Thursday, October 18, 2012
Time: 2:00pm-3:30pm Central Time
Location: Your Desk
A webinar is an on-line seminar and requires access to the internet to connect.
Audio options are:
1) Teleconference (cost of calling long distance to Texas is your responsibility);
2) VoIP (free audio through the internet, speakers are required).
Presenter: Jan Russell, JD. Director, Violence Against Women Policy Project, Cook County Sheriff's Office,
Sheriff's Women's Justice Programs.
Content: While most of the dynamics of domestic violence remain the same regardless of the abuser’s employer, battered women abused by members of law enforcement agencies, sworn and civilian, face unique obstacles and challenges. This workshop discusses the differences in dynamics in these situations, the obstacles and challenges presented by these cases, and effective strategies for advocating for battered women.
Registration Details: This webinar is open to OVW GTEAP Grantees, the Military Email List, and the general public.
***You will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com immediately after registering. If you don’t see it in your inbox, please check your spam or junk mail. You will receive the invitation containing the webinar and audio information the day before the event. Please keep both emails***
- GTEAP grantees: you will need your OVW-issued grant number to register for this training.
- Military Email List use: 2011-WEAX-1981
- General public you will need to use: 2011-WEAX-1801
Questions of a technical nature or regarding your grant or eligibility for the webinar should be forwarded to BWJP (firstname.lastname@example.org).