Older victims of abuse, neglect and financial exploitation experience harm – too often with tragic consequences. This population, who are disproportionately women, has special needs and deserves a coordinated response. This conference is designed to assist law enforcement, prosecutors, courts, attorneys, aging services, health care providers, community-based advocates, and adult protective services collaborate and coordinate efforts in responding to elder abuse.
The multi-disciplinary faculty will challenge participants to utilize collaborative inter-agency responses that respect the dignity of older victims, enhance their safety, provide the least restrictive means of assistance, hold perpetrators accountable and preserve justice.
• Judicial- Judge Janice Martin, Louisville, KY
• Law Enforcement- Michael LaRiviere, Salem Police Department, Salem, MA
• Regulatory Enforcement – Linda Dawson, Elder Justice Coordinator, National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life,
• Advocacy- Alice Ghareib, DOVES Program Director, Phoenix, AZ, Dr. Sujata Warrier, Consultant, Bloomfield, NJ
• Prosecution- Page Ulrey, Senior Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, Seattle, WA
• Elder and Adult Protective Services- Bessie Tolbert, APS Manager, Kansas Dept. of Social and Rehabilitation Services, Topeka, KS
• Psychiatry- Dr. Harry Morgan, President, Center for Geriatric and Family Psychiatry,Inc.
LAV and Rural Grantees- please use this pseudo grant number to register: 2010 WEAX 1933.
Arrest (CDS) Grantees, use your Office on Violence Against Women- issued grant number to register for this conference.
This training conference is limited, so register early! The registration cut-off date is Wednesday, October 5, 2011, or whenever registration slots are filled.
Your registration will be automatically confirmed via a confirmation email and will include hotel reservation information. Confirmation email comes from email@example.com. Check your junk mail!! Cancellations and name changes must be made in writing. Remember, do not make travel arrangements until your registration is confirmed.
If you have questions please contact Jeanne Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-824-8768 ext. 101, or Vicky Lynes at x100.
Presented by the Office on Violence Against Women in partnership with NCALL and
the Battered Women's Justice Project.